Saturday, November 12, 2011

Take-along Car Caddy

I made this car caddy for Killian last christmas. He loves it, especially when we're at an appointment. And it's super simple!
I used a green piece of fabric (actually a scrap of green fabric from Killian's kitchen) as the back of the caddy. Then I sewed on the train fabric on top, and sewed down pockets. Next, I sewed on some brown felt and yellow fabric to look like a road. Lastly, I sewed on a ribbon on the back to tie. I may change this and add bigger pieces of fabric with velcro, because the ribbon is hard for killian to tie so he can't clean up his own mess.

Here you can see the pockets. I have a few cars in each pocket and they stay in there when you fold it up. You fold the road on top of the pockets and roll it up:
Pretty simple but a fun toy for any boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment