Thursday, January 26, 2012

Organizing Your Child's Art

Every mother and father knows this: Once your child is over the age of 1.5, they start creating art work. Beautiful artwork, but also TONS and TONS of art work. I hated throwing it out, so I kept it in a small file. However, once he hit the age of 3, the art work started piling up! 3-4 pieces were being done every day! It became a little overwhelming. 
SO... I decided to store it in a nicer way. 

I bought a 3-ring binder. I took paper and 3 whole punched it. I inserted the paper:

Then I glued or taped his art work in there. Sometimes I kept cute things that he just signed or drew a picture on:
I also put in some clear sleeves so that anything he made that can't be glued down (like this elephant trunk hat) can still be kept in here:
One nice thing about this binder is that it has pockets. So the little books he started coloring/writing can fit nicely in:
Lastly, I took a piece of his art, and glued it to the front to make it look nice:

And added words:

Sometimes I use his art for crafts (like thank you cards)- and I'll show you how to do that another day. :)
That's it- Keeping your house organized one day at a time. 


1 comment:

  1. love this idea steph! I will have to do that with ours.... it is being mostly thrown out right now cuz I couldn't stand the clutter:-(

    ReplyDelete