Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Fun Day- Chicken Soup Recipe

Today I have a Chicken Soup Recipe for you that will knock your socks off! Literally- It's so warm you won't need your socks on a cold winter day. :)

I started with chicken stock. I make my own whenever I have a whole chicken. I freeze the broth in ice cube trays, but you can use store bought broth as well:
I added chicken (again, I froze extra chicken whenever I had a whole chicken. Then I defrosted it for the soup). I also added parsley, onions and carrots. These are all from my garden, which I froze. I really love this soup, because I get to use all my garden food in the middle of winter!
I also added some spaghetti. I broke it up into little pieces before adding it.


I stuffed it all in the pot:

I let it boil/simmer for 1.5 hours!

It's VERY delicious, can be frozen and makes a cold day warm and cozy. :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment