Monday, January 30, 2012

Problem and Solution: Unwanted Behaviors

 
Problem: Killian has had some new, unwanted 3 year old behavior issues. Mostly, it's some attitude- 3 year old attitude. And discipline has only created sadness between the two of us. If you've heard this constantly: Ok, I won't do it again. Only to have your child turn around and do it again, you know what I'm talking about. SO.. instead of punishing the WRONG behavior, I decided I wanted to reward the correct behavior. After all, if he keeps practicing the correct one, the wrong one will disappear.

Solution:  I created a "good-boy" book. I have all the behaviors I want from him. After looking at it, I realized that it's quite a lot that I except, and I can understand that he's having a hard time remembering it all.

When I showed him the book, he got VERY excited, and did all the things that I have in there. (I actually forgot putting on his own clothes/shoes/coat). He often looked through it, trying to figure out what he could do to get a sticker.

We've both LOVED this! I can't wait to see what he thinks when he gets his prize :) (PS, if you want to use this, the dashed lines are the one you cut, the solid lines you fold. Then staple them together into a book.


No comments:

Post a Comment